Special prices – how to set promotional prices for your offers in Linkhouse
Special Pricing is a Black Friday feature that allows publishers to set promotional rates for the publication of sponsored articles and links to existing articles on websites during a defined period. On the occasion of Black Friday, it is worth remembering about the Cyber Monday that follows – many customers expect the promotion to last until the end of the day on Monday. On Friday, private shopping is often the priority, rather than looking for opportunities for the company.
How to set up promotions for your sites in Linkhouse?
Special prices can be set for a Sponsored article offer and a link in an existing article.
In the period preceding Black Friday and Cyber Monday, two conditions must also be met:
- the discount must be at least 25%
- the price of a given offer could not be increased after 08/11/2021 (i.e. we will not accept a situation where someone raises the price first, to then make a promotion and go to the tab with promotional offers).
Promotion for multiple parties
The new functionality can be found in the Publisher menu in the My Pages tab by clicking the Special Prices button
The information necessary to add a promotion is:
- Promotion name – visible only to the Publisher, it is used to conveniently manage promotions
- Promotion amount – a field in which you should enter a number specifying how many% of the discount is given by the promotion. The minimum discount on Black Friday / Cyber Monday is 25%.
- Promotion start and end date. It is not possible to change the hours – promotions are always valid from midnight to 23:59. Of course, you can set up a promotion valid for only 1 day.
- Sites to which the promotion applies – the appropriate pages should be selected
- Types of offers that will be included in the promotion. In this way, you can only add promotions that cover each offer of a given type (e.g. sponsored articles) on selected pages. If you have 3 different offers for a sponsored article and the promotion should apply to only one of them – use the promotion for single pages (instructions below).
After clicking Add promotion, the offer will appear below in your Promotions List.
You can also edit the added promotions:
Promotion for one site
Promotion can also be set up for a single page. To do this, in the My Websites tab, go to Offer details and click on the Special Prices icon next to the offer you want to promote:
The offer creation form in this case is shorter than when adding a multi-page promotion.
Regardless of how the promotions were added, you can find them (and edit or delete them) by clicking on the Special Prices button in the My Websites tab.
How does the advertiser see the promotions?
An additional Black Friday & Cyber Monday filter will appear in the Offer Database, which, when clicked, will only present pages with promotional offers. Additionally, even in the standard view without filtering, portals with at least 1 promotional offer will be highlighted on the page list. You will also see a comparison of the old price with the new one. The below visualization of changes is not the final project and may still be slightly modified.
As Linkhouse, we do not foresee any other Black Friday promotions and all marketing efforts will be focused on promoting promotional offers added using Special Prices.
Use of items purchased at promotional prices
Items and links at discounted prices can only be purchased during the promotion period (specified by the publisher), but used at any time. The publisher sees the order only when the advertiser completes the guidelines for implementation, which may take place, for example, 2 months after the end of the promotion.
Therefore, after the end of the Black Friday and Cyber Monday promotions, on Wednesday, December 1, 2021. each publisher will receive from us by e-mail a list of orders placed during the promotion of his offers. The list will include, inter alia, Order ID, which later (after the advertiser completes the guidelines) will also be visible to the panel. Thanks to this, you can be sure that the order that will appear in the panel, e.g. in January, was actually purchased during the promotion and the lower price is justified.
We are open to comments and ideas related to enabling publishers to use Black Friday even better – firstname.lastname@example.org